Rosedale Care Home
Rosedale is managed on a full time basis by Rosemary Pavoni, who is supported by 21 carers that form a highly motivated and qualified staff team.
There are currently 2 supervisors and 15 senior carers at Rosedale who have achieved NVQ 2 or above. In addition we are proud to state that within the team we have:
- 11 members of staff who have achieved NVQ/QCF level 2
- 7 members of staff who have achieved NVQ/QCF level 3
- 1 member of staff currently undertaking their NVQ/QCF level 5
Rosedale ensures sufficient staff are on duty to reflect the diverse needs of our residents, and a senior carer is always present both day and night.
We also support student social workers and health and social care apprentices, with members of staff going on to becoming qualified nurses and paramedics.
Rosedale takes pride on an ethos of care that encompasses not only our residents and their families, but also our highly trained and qualified staff team. We passionately believe in valuing and recognising the importance of our staff and ensure that they are respected, supported and cared for, so that they in turn will provide the best possible care to our residents.
Rosedale acknowledges the crucial role of the staff team and strive to maintain an experienced, highly trained, stable and compassionate workforce. We achieve this by:
- Recruitment and selection processes that reflect the values and ethos of the home
- Monthly in house training and staff meetings
- External and specialist training
- Robust supervision and appraisal policies
- Sufficient staff on duty to meet the identified needs of our residents
- Treating staff in an individual and person centred way, and always encouraging
- them to reach their true potential.
In addition, we have named champions who take the lead on different aspects of care, ensuring the highest possible standards and that all staff are made aware of changes and best practice.
We also have qualified trainers within the staff team who ensure all staff are both competent and confident in all aspects of their role.