Rosedale Care Home
At Rosedale we are thoroughly dedicated to upholding the rights of our residents, we will ensure you have:
- The freedom to use your room according to your lifestyle.
- The right to make decisions about your life.
- The right to have your friends and family visit you.
- The right to be treated as an individual.
- The right to live without fear of abuse.
- The right to be independent.
- The right to be treated without prejudice or discrimination.
- The right to be heard and to be listened to.
- The right to practise your own religion.
- The right to be treated with compassion, dignity and respect at all times.
- The right to make a complaint or suggestion without fear of reprisal.
- The freedom to come and go as you please, in line with your well being.
- The right to dignity, confidentiality and privacy.
- The right to be consulted as to decisions that may affect your lifestyle.
- The right to follow a diet in line with your beliefs, health & lifestyle
- The right to request a staff member of the same sex when possible.
- The right to an assessment of your needs and receive care accordingly.
- The right to have someone of your choice act on your behalf.
- The right to be able to access current information about services.
- The right to vote.
There may be circumstances where a decision is needed to be made for the benefit of the whole care home rather than the individual. This will not be done without consultation with all parties concerned. Also some decisions will be made in the person's best interest following a Mental Capacity Assessment.
Service User Involvement
At Rosedale our resident's involvement is of paramount importance at all levels of service provision. Staff at Rosedale are there to meet the needs of the residents, not the other way around.
Service user involvement is encouraged through:
- Care planning and frequent reviews with residents, their familes and external advocates.
- The use of a complaints procedure.
- Frequent resident's forums.
- Access to manager to share views, ideas and comments.
- Open and honest culture.
- Encouragement of families, friends and advocates to be involved in all aspects of care and life at Rosedale.