Rosedale Care Home
The Owners: Adelindo & Rosemary Pavoni
Rosemary and Adelindo work in partnership, with Rosemary managing the care home whilst Adelindo, who is a qualified electronic engineer, ensures it is maintained to a high and safe standard.
They also have four children; one a senior nurse, one a paramedic, one a chef and one a nutritional scientist who are all actively involved with life at Rosedale and are on hand for help and support.
Rosemary & Adelindo pride themselves on their compassionate, family run approach, and promote their ethos that Rosedale is the residents home, and all staff are visitors within it. They empower the residents and their friends and families to have as much choice as possible, and strive to always accommodate their wants and wishes.
The Manager: Rosemary Pavoni
Rosemary has 50 years experience in working in Health and Social Care services, and is thoroughly dedicated to providing excellent standards of person centred care.
She is widely recognised and respected in the sector and in the community, both within West Sussex and nationally. Rosemary is currently the Chair of West Sussex Partners in Care & Training Board and Skills for Care Networking Group. She also represents the independent sector on the West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board, whilst also taking a special interest in the development of services for dementia and end of life care.
Rosemary started her career in the East End of London managing support at home for vulnerable families and older people. She later became a nursing auxiliary in Croydon's Mayday Hospital before becoming a Community Services Manager for Brighton & Hove Social Services where she was responsible for managing care for older people across the city, which included residential, domiciliary and day care.
Rosemary also managed services for people with physical disabilities, sensory impairments and people living with HIV/AIDS, before taking early retirement to buy Rosedale in 1998.
Rosemary is currently:
* Chair of West Sussex Partners in Care & Training Board
* Chair of Sussex Skills for Care Network
* Member of the West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board
* Represents End of Life Care in West Sussex
* Represents Dementia Care in West Sussex
* Member of the Care Alliance Consortium
* Dementia Friends Champion
* Dignity Champion.
* Diploma in Management
* NVQ 5 in Management
* Post Graduate in Community Care
* Post Graduate in Person Centred Care for People with Dementia
* B.A. Module in Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
* Certificate in Dementia Awareness
* Certificate in Palliative Care
* Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medications
* Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
* Certificate in Health & Safety
* Fire Risk Assessor
* Certificate in Safety Compliance
* Moving & Handling Assessor
* Certificate in Food & Nutrition
* Current First Aid Certificate
* Certificate in Infection Control
* Certificate in understanding MRSA
* Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector (PTTLS).